headlight clip

I have a 2001 Honda Civic and was replacing a headlight bulb yesterday.
Ran into a problem of the retaining screw on the clip simply not being
there. I'm pretty sure it was never there, because when I removed the rubber seal the clip just sprang right out. I never did see a screw on the floor or hear one rattling around under the hood.
Of course, nobody carries the clip part of the headlight separately, not even the Honda dealers around town that I've called up. Anybody know what size and type screw to use?
I'm having a hell of a time finding a diagram of the headlight assembly detailing each individual part....
On 26 Sep 2005 07:24:11 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@angelfire.com wrote:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2 01&catcgry3-R+LX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=HEADLIGHT
Razzle-----HTH
Thanks, but I don't see anything in the diagram there that looks like the clip that fell out. And the screw I'm expecting fits in horizontally, not vertically, with the head of the screw facing back to the cab. There's nothing like that in the diagram either.
snipped-for-privacy@angelfire.com wrote in

Go to a junkyard,find a comparable model and check it out.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Site Timeline