Installing Headlight

I just went through one of the most frustrating experiences in my life, for a simple headlight change. It resulted in numerous cuts on my hand and one

2nd degree burn in the palm of my hand.

There must be an EASIER way to change out the low beams (9003) on a 1995 Nissan 240sx.

I, on the other hand, evidently took the hard way as follows:

Remove outer ring Pry open the rubber gasket and attempt to ram a screwdriver in the proximity of the two brass clips. Hope that the brass clips release the bulb and rubber mechanizm. Snake the bulb out, and grasp it by its metal base Pull the crap out of the bulb until it finally releases. Install the new bulb. Attempt to reinsert the bulb in, somehow making the clips secure the bulb. I finally ended up breaking the clips off. Resecure the rubber ring, then the plastic ring.

(Doing all of this with 3 inches clearance.)

Before I do the other side, any better ideas?

Reply to
ENJ483

download a workshop manual for the Silvia S14?

"techinfo silvia"

Peter Hill

I agree, it's a painful procedure to change them, I remember changing it for the first time. but here's an option, leaving out that metal clip doesn't hurt the headlight beam position, as long as the bulb is snugged in and the rubber seal and the big plastic screw/cover is in place. one of my headlight doesn't have the clip since i broke the clip seat a while ago, and no problem with where the beam is pointing (test it though, it's fine with mine).

Althought I am getting around it so well now, that i can change the bulb in less than 5 minutes with the clip, using my middle finger and my index finger. but I have a small hand. good luck

Reply to
Greek

How to take them out on a UK 200SX.

Peter Hill