Changing the headlight sucks.

First time I had to change the headlight on my 2000 focus, and damn, i cant "slide" that wire. Even bloodblistered my thumb trying to change it, that wire doesnt budge.

Damn it.

Reply to
IronWolve

John Tallyman

It is easier than you think:

  1. 12 o'clock position behind the bulb is a small loop that is part of the retaining wire.

  1. Push on this small loop forward and down at the same time.

  2. Wire will release from the clip on bulb housing.

  1. Pull wire back and the bulb will more than likely pop out of the housing.

  2. Once you feel it release it will become clear exactly how it works and you will be amazed how easy it is to change the bulb.
Reply to
EOO

Sounds about right. If the OPs is the same as European ones it's pretty easy as I found out when I had to change mine in the mountains behind Geneva one night (having only one nearside headlight was just tooo scary). About 10 minutes worth of fumbling in the dark in -5oC sorted it out.

D.