Help! 92' Accord LX 5spd..broken pass suspension knuckle..trying to remove the 36MM hub bolt..and can't budge it. Ideas ?

Since the knuckle is broken, there is freeplay in the suspension when turning. I used a crow-bar between the lug nuts to hold while assistant turn the 36MM with a LARGE handle..

Reply to
phil

------------------------------

You need a 3/4" drive, with 3' of cheater bar. I weigh 150 lb. I jumped on it a bit. Hard to do if it won't stay in place. Remember to use a chissel (or a huge nail) to undo the damage when they punched the edge of the nut after assembly.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Just did that one today, Curly is right,I borrowed a 3/4 drive ratchet and a 1 7/16 socket, note its a right hand thread, brace the ratchet with a block of wood or something like that and stand on the ratchet with both feet and jump as hard as you can. The block is to hold the ratchet from slippinf off the nut. Also i put the wheel back onto the car and let it down on the ground to get that narley nut off, that helped hold it steady. Now if i could just find out how to get the hub off the spindle, Can anyone help? Good luck on your project ,Terry

Reply to
tjhaight

are you sure it's not 32mm??? and if the knuckle is broken, you have serious, expensive problems.

Reply to
jim beam

The knuckle is broken due to an accident.. I may have to remove the drive shaft and bring to a local shop to remove the nut.

Reply to
phil

The knuckle arm is broke so I have no leverage...I will remove the half-shaft assembly

Reply to
phil

it's /much/ harder to do off the car than on. trust me on that one.

before replacing the knuckle, check all the other components under there - it's hard to break a knuckle without bending something else, including the sub frame.

Reply to
jim beam