HELP - No tail lights but do have stop and turn signals

2009 CRV. I had my CRV hooked up to utility trailer for a short while and ever since then I have no tail lights, license plate, or side marker lights on the CRV. Turn signals, brake, and back-up lights all work fine. It's driving me crazy ... please help.
Reply to
Reef Guy

You check the fuses and ground wire? Those would be my first suspicions.

Reply to
Seth

What fuse do I check? Nothing labeled for "tail lights" or even close.

Reply to
Reef Guy

Reef Guy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o21g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:

Sure sounds like a blown fuse. Who did the trailer wiring? You?

Have you checked your Owner's Manual?

If I go directly to the Index in that Manual and look up "F", I find "Fuses" at the bottom. I flip to the specified page and I'm directed to another page which has the fuse box diagrams and the fuse descriptions.

By simple process of elimination, I determine that the ones marked for "Small lights" are most likely to be associated with the taillamps. There are several, so check those carefully.

If you do find a blown fuse, check for a botched wiring job.

Reply to
Tegger

Aside from looking in your owners manual, take it to the dealer. It is warranty work.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Maybe not depending on the cause (smells like trailer wiring harness issue).

Reply to
Seth

Carefully read the section on fuses in the owners manual. Worst case if nothing jumps out as being the obvious choice, check all lights related fuses.

If it blows again real quickly, whomever installed your trailer harness probably messed things up. If replacing the fuse is good for now, make sure they are still good when you hook up the trailer again.

Reply to
Seth

Brian Smith wrote in news:h7ge9h$cji$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de:

Only if the trailer harness was factory.

Reply to
Tegger

Problem solved. I replaced the 7.5 amp "Small Lights (exterior)" fuse and all is well. My problem was that I expected to see a fuse labeled "Tail Light" or something more obvious than "Small Lights". Also checked the trailer and found a crossed ground wire. Thanks all.

Reply to
Reef Guy