Highest MPG for Non-Hybrids?

Thank you, thank you. He's here all week, folks.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

jim beam wrote in news:tYOdnXM1-5d0lm7UnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

You're absolutely correct.

But even very slight knocking that would cause no damage to the engine will dramatically increase NO emissions. Knock sensors, once rare, became ubiquitous as part of the OBD-II emissions management system.

Bedtime reading, anyone? I was fine until I got to the flowcharts. :^(

Reply to
Tegger

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mara100-84.onlink.net:

Is there an intermission? I'm out of popcorn.

Reply to
Tegger

Anyone driving a coupe or sedan that gets less than 35 mpg is a leach on society.

Reply to
honda.lioness

You are so ridiculous...

Why 35mpg and not 55mpg? Because your junky honda happens to be just over 35 line?

I drive 2004 honda accord coupe... In what way am I a leach on society more than you are?

At least I am not cheating Carfax to get my fee back...

Reply to
Pszemol

Because 35 is easily obtained today.

You have not seen my Honda.

It was written partly tongue in cheek, as a partial response to by someone else that this is about what God intended. ;-)

? You have the wrong person.

Reply to
honda.lioness

Then why aren't you on a scooter that gets 65mpg?

Oh, I see--YOU get to set the qualifications for what KIND of car people should be driving, and--interestingly enough--that would be YOUR car.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Go ahead, put your money where your mouth is--buy a scooter and quit being a "leach" (sweetheart, you meant "leech") on society.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:e30b4f2b-c43f-4f86-9da5- snipped-for-privacy@l16g2000pra.googlegroups.com:

I disagree, since I pay full retail dollar for every ounce of fuel I use. Nobody's giving me the gas at their expense.

Reply to
Tegger

I am not setting anything.

Reply to
honda.lioness

I meant that excessive use of oil promotes war and environmental problems.

Reply to
honda.lioness

Then move out from the city and live in a cave in the mountains!

Reply to
Pszemol

Easier is very relative term... Easier maybe for you bot not for everybody.

I see...

My appologies in this case.

Reply to
Pszemol

It is an easy matter to buy a coupe or sedan that gets 35 mpg or more. We disagree.

Reply to
honda.lioness

I do not see how your answer reduces oil use.

Reply to
honda.lioness

why are you bothering with this guy? you'd get more sense from an a.l.i.c.e. bot.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam

Not that I necessarily agree with the 'leech' comment, but you aren't paying the full cost of gasoline. If all environmental costs were added in, *you'd* be driving that 65mpg scooter, because you wouldn't be able to afford gas for anything else...

Reply to
Leftie

Leftie wrote in news:fn2Jl.43931$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe19.iad:

"Environmental costs" are invented and quantified by the capricious whim of activists and politicians. They are not true costs.

Now if you want to remove the SUBSIDIES from petroleum so the TRUE costs are reflected in the pump price, I would wholeheartedly agree with that.

Reply to
Tegger

Name 10.

OK, I'll make it easy: name 5.

Now name 5 that people want as their sole car, to do everything from grocery runs to driving over the mountains and through the snow to see their parents/children, or to take their children to see grandma.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You need to google on this. Chevron, Exxon and the like pay a lot of money in several ways to cover environmental costs.

Reply to
honda.lioness