07 JBL MP3 CD Player - no fast forward?

seems like the 2007 Toyota JBL MP3 CD player has no way to do fast forward to skip to the middle of a MP3 track?

This makes it pretty hard to listen to long MP3 audiobook files.

Anyone know if there is a way to do this?

tia!

Reply to
perfb

I'd be surprised if this wasn't covered in the Owner's Manual...

Perhaps it is like fast-fowarding on a CD? My 2004 Owner's Manual (no MP3 capability) says to fast-foward on a CD is to go to the Audio screen, and press AND hold the >> button (arrows pointing up) on the screen.

Reply to
mrv

And.............?

Reply to
mack

I'm saving a lot on gas...but my loan payments are a lot higher than they would be for a normal economy car; non hybrid. Prius?

Reply to
Zeek

Is there such a thing as a non-hybrid Prius?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Why do people keep making this comparison? I'm assuming that, as is usually the case, the OP is comparing the Prius to a cheap subcompact car, and the Prius isn't one. It has a considerably larger passenger compartment and comes standard with air conditioner, automatic transmission, power doors and windows, and other items you'd pay extra for in a typical subcompact.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Sure - my '04 (bought in Oct '03 with every possible feature) came with extraordinary features - Bluetooth, nav, speech recognition, garage door opener in the mirror, and much more.

Within a month it had add-on leather interior, 100# of soundproofing, a separate computer, upgraded audio, and other features... It compares well to a mid-size 'luxury sedan', but gets 44mpg and has much higher tech.

Also, I paid the $950 for a 100k/7Y warranty, but think this car might run for a long, long time without fault.

Reply to
Ike

Prius is not an economy car. It's a low-emissions car.

No one should ever borrow money to buy a new car.

Reply to
richard schumacher

Well, in a perfect world, no, but most can't afford to pay cash for a car. They have to have the car to get to work to pay for the car and everything else.

Must be nice not to ever have to do that, but many really have no choice.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yep. Would be nice, but...

OTOH, my present car loan will be paid off in about a month, though! :-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

..........and the beauty of that position....is you don't have to buy a new car for a long time!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

My 2000 Echo is all mine... hasn't fallen apart yet - just normal wear and tear. (except the floorboards that Toyota recalled before I even found out)

Yup!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

That's true. To a degree. I *usually* keep my cars for 6 years - that seems to be the cusp of when the depreciation will start to fall off & not give me a big enough down payment for the next car. At 6 years, it pretty much turns into a 1) sell (or trade) it, or else 2) keep it forever - to be the best situation, financially. Up here, after several years there's always the problem with body upkeep - rust - because of the winters/salt on the roads.

Caveat to the above: Except... I just bought the April car issue of CR; a used '04 Prius appears to be selling for almost as much as the MSRP was back in '04! (Within $1 - 2 K!) If the Prius continues to hold its value that well, may be yet another incentive for me to splurge & buy one the next time around...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Am I missing something here? Did my newsreader screw up?

This was a thread about MP3 players...

Reply to
Hachiroku

So how much do you want for this Prius you can't afford?

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob Wilson

The scenario might be soon changing, now that new Prius supply has met or exceeded demand, at least here in the US. Toyota incentives and dealer discounts also may tend to alter the future resale value of a Prius. - Greg

Now Easily Make Your First $50K Online! More at

$50 a Day Income in 30 days or Less Online Business:

Greg

It's a low-gas usage car; that by definition cuts emissions down. It also has other features that allow the internal combustione engine to operate most efficiently not only with respect to fuel but also with emissions, cutting emissions further.

People use the term "economy car" to denote "it has high gas mileage", that's all. No, it's not what I would call an economy car; it's a midsize 5 door that can be equipped to be chock-full of gadgets.

I just wish the average Prius driver would stop playing the damn dashboard video game and DRIVE. People, there IS an outside world out there, full of others. Don't get in their way just because you want to coast to the intersection 1/2 mile away to see the dashboard video game light up the way you want it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What dashboard video game?

- Piper

Reply to
Piper

Anyone in that position saves thousands of dollars of dollars by buying a clean used car instead of a new one. There are lots of two-years-old Civics, Corollas, etc. The total cost of ownership for one of those is on the order of $10,000 less than that of a new Prius.

Reply to
richard schumacher

If you have time to find one that doesn't have a zillions miles on it. These are cars that people hang onto, until they've worn them out. Once in a blue moon, you can find one with relatively low mileage, but not often.

Even if you do, there's always the "I wonder how well they took care of this car?" factor.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®