Highest MPG for Non-Hybrids?

Why isn't one enough? Make sense or be ignored.

Reply to
honda.lioness

Thank You for an ounce of sanity here.

"The sky is falling" zealots have move far beyond environmentalism on to promoting the same as a religion.

Just to balance things out, I think I'll go for a forty mile drive in my '55 President sedan that only gets about 25mpg...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I think that is what he's saying... The associated "environmental" costs are unneeded add ons encouraged by government etc.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Jim, what's your problem?

Reply to
Pszemol

Really? Now you use one gallon for every mile you drive. If you move out of the city and start living in the mountains you will not use any oil, so it will reduce oil use :-)

Reply to
Pszemol

Follow the money....always follow the money.

Sure, there are plenty of kookbiscuits to beat the shrubs, but the guy handing out the bats has a financial interest and nothing BUT a financial interest.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

If it's an "EASY matter" then there must be choice involved.

If there's no choice involved--that is, if there's only one--then it's not easy. It's like Russia during the cold war. You want something? We have one--whether you like it or not.

Now YOU make sense or be ignored. Name 5 coupes/sedans that get 35mpg or more. We'll start with the easy part.

Then we'll move on to "name 5 that people want as their sole car". Because as you know, it doesn't make sense to have more than one car. You buy the one that makes the most sense overall for your situation, and which minimizes to the greatest degree your need for renting or borrowing something different to do a specialized task.

Now, make sense or be ignored. (My guess is you're already being ignored plenty.)

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

This is not what I am saying. Oil spills and damage done by drilling are very expensive. U.S. companies pay a lot by way of better equipment and better planning to minimize both. Reason: Paying up front is less than what it would cost otherwise.

Reply to
honda.lioness

So one is enough.

Reply to
honda.lioness

Grumpy AuContraire wrote in news:Sr4Jl.166632$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

What's currently accepted as "environmentalism" IS a religion. Like any other religion, it's based on emotion and fear, and not much else.

Spew some blue smoke for me, huh?

Reply to
Tegger

Sure. And every penny of those costs is passed down to the consumer. With markup. Oil companies do not provide charity.

Reply to
Joe

most of that is political fiction. they get massive development and resource depreciation write-offs that completely out-weigh any weeny gesture to environmental impact.

Reply to
jim beam

As long as you don't mind your own grandchildren spitting on your grave...

Reply to
Leftie

Five years ago it was "global arming is a hoax." Now it's "environmentalism is a religion." I'm not exactly young, but at least I'm not perpetually bringing up the rear, and looking backwards to boot...

Reply to
Leftie

Nope.

Make sense or be ignored.

You still haven't come up with EVEN ONE, let alone 5, let alone 5 that people would actually buy.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Leftie a écrit:

the lower with an european toyota corolla diesel (1l4 engine 1NDTV) was 65mpg on a hot day, a 80km trip maximum speed 90km/h on high way.

the usual is 55mpg

Reply to
Philippe

wow, that's pretty sippy.

Reply to
jim beam

english gallon or american gallon?

Reply to
jim beam

'nuff said! Zee nail az bin hit onna haid!!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Well, I cain't argue with that either.

But in the end, it's the customer who ultimately pays. And that customer will soon be saddled with all kinds of add ons like carbon credits, fees and the like.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire