Holes in door(2005 Accord)

Hi, I was trying to install component speakers in the driver's side door. A wire harness gets in the way of my running wires through the door. Is there a way to do this right? I also noticed that there are two perforated type holes in the upper part of the steel door. Adjacement to those perforations are two corresponding black caps or plugs that lead into the console. What are those for? Are they something to used or are they something used in higher model Accords.

Thanks.

Reply to
Guest

For components, I usually just put the crossover inside the door and use the stock wiring. If you want to run fat wire for a high-power system, it's a different matter, but in most cases the stock wiring will suffice.

Reply to
Matt Ion

I thought about that too, but I have a separate tweeter in the dash so there will have to be a wire from there or to there no matter what.

Reply to
Guest

Are these three-ways?? If not, just put the crossovers wherever under the dash, and run the woofer wires back to the radio location and tie them into the stock door wiring.

If you need to get a woofer AND mid into the doors, well... I dunno...

Reply to
Matt Ion

Further to that... rec.audio.car would be a good place to post this question.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Thanks. They are two-way and the problem is not where to put the CO's, it is how or where to put the woofer and/or tweeter wire coming from out of the door. I want that (those) wires to disappear as they have on the passenger side.

Reply to
Guest

How the wires run and where you mount the crossover will depend entirely on how you decide to mount the speakers. If the tweeters are going on the doors, put the crossover in the door and use the factory speaker wire to feed signal from the deck location to the door (if you're running an amp, run the amp output wires to the deck area and tap into the stock wiring.

If the tweeters are going in the dash, kick panels, or anywhere else NOT on the doors, then put the crossovers under the dash, run wires from the amp or deck output to them, then run the woofer outputs back to the deck area and make use of the factory wires going to the doors.

Either way, you don't have to worry about how to get wires into the doors, as Honda has already put them there. Just USE them.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Well I did use them. They are connected to the woofer. See, in a component system, you have to a woofer out and an amp out to the crossover. Since I don't have an amp in yet, I am running it off of the stock radio. Even when I get an amp I was thinking that I may need to run it back out of the door. I wanted pure rewiring. I guess when I get the amp in, I will have to route it to the stock wire in the harness. I already wired and set everything up for am amp so that I won't have to do much when the time comes. The only thing stopping me from putting the amp in is the head unit. I know that they have that one faceplate but people said that it did not glow...

Reply to
Guest

That doesn't even make sense.

Does your component set not include a passive crossover?

Either it's a simple inline thing you hook in with the tweeter, or it's a larger unit that splits out both tweeter and woofer signals.

Either way, the hookup is the same... if you have an inline tweeter crossover, parallel it off the amp output... if it's a two-way crossover, hook the deck outputs to its input.

Well that's a whole different matter, you should have mentioned that from the beginning.

??????

Reply to
Matt Ion