Honda Civic or Mazda 3

I am trying to decide between a 2006 Honda Civic and a Mazda3 for my next car. Any advice? I am told that the A/C on the Mazda3 is NOT good. How about the Civic A/C? I don't want to wait till next summer to find out.

Reply to
Walter

I've test driven the 2005 Mazda3 w/2.3 engine and the a/c worked great. It was also a very fun car to drive. I've test driven the '05 Mazda3 2.3 and the '05 Civic Si. Both were very nice cars and it may come down to preference. I like the fact the Hondas have features that are standard but they are options on the Mazda. I've never driven the 2006 Civic but hear it's an awesome car, with more power than before. Also love the design of the new Civics - saw the EX the other day. It was nice. Both are supposed to be reliable but I tend to trust Honda reliability more. Also like their manual transmissions more.

It'll probably come down to test driving both and seeing which you like better. If budget is an issue, don't forget to check the cost of maintenance and fuel economy along with the final price of each vehicle.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Civic gets much better gas mileage and has a proven reputation for reliability. Those alone make Civic a better buy than the Mazda3, IMO.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Very true. Just saw a 2006 civic on the highway today. A great looking car, I almost thought it was an Acura RSX until I got a close look.

I liked mazdas better for thei r looks, now I'm not so sure... buy the civic for its looks AND its long term reliability record. : )

Reply to
hutchtoo

There ya go! Another thing I did not like about the Mazda3 - the layout of the interior, especially the radio. Very cluttered. Wonder what they were smoking when that was designed?

Reply to
Dave L

If it was me, I would take the honda over the ford

Reply to
Jamco

"Jamco" wrote in news:cBR2f.9954$y_1.9181@edtnps89:

Good Point Jamco - I hope to take delivery of my new 2006 Honda Civic Ex Coupe later this week. They are scarce here right now.

Reply to
Walter

I just test drove on...I must say its definately a much nicer ride then the previous generation of civics...but I still prefer my RSX :)

Reply to
Jamco

I have the 06 civic ex atomic blue. Dont know much about the mazda, but i love my new civic and all the features. and what about the dash? best part of the new civic.

Walter wrote in news:Xns96EB17791701retired99hotmailcom@198.164.200.20:

Reply to
Rich