Honda DEALER TECH'S please.

Interested in hearing from tech's currently employed @ Honda dealer. Due to lack of qualified independent mechanics in their area, this repair will need to be done by a dealer.

Family member has 2000 Accord 4 cyl. and it's approching time to have the timing belt replaced. So the questions are:

  1. Specifically, what parts do you replace, and what other services are performed?
  2. What is general cost?
  3. How long would dealer need to complete the work?
  4. Are very small Honda dealers just as good as larger ones? i.e. one dealer (closest) also sells Pontiac, vs: dealer selling only Honda.
  5. Would you be confident getting this repair done at ANY Honda dealer? i.e. does Honda tech certification take out the duh factor?
  6. Immediately after repair, owner will be taking a very long road trip, so can't take chances with repair, etc.
  7. Is there anything else you would recommend doing, not covered in #1?

T.I.A.

Reply to
trifecta

yes. using google. every single one of your other questions are regularly answered here on this group.

Reply to
jim beam

There is really no need to post twice and I'm sorry I did not see the T.I.A. the first time. Better to spell it out I think. We all read both Honda topics. I wish they were better broken down like Civic/Accord, and maybe, all other Honda vehicles.

Reply to
duckbill

I'm not picking on your post, just answering both replies.

I did a prior search, and got general answers to SOME questions. The problem as stated in the OP is that this repair must be done by a dealer. Ex: the Pontiac / Honda dealer is 120 miles from their location, with the larger Honda only dealer 125 miles in the opposite direction, so not a lot of choices. That given, (and lack of qualified indy shops as stated in OP) make all replies from non dealer tech's are n/a.

Since my OP seems to have caused some angst among the natives here, I am going to remove my OP, and seek answers elsewhere.

Reply to
trifecta