horn??

does anyone know where the horn relay is on a 1995 honda civic ex with a SOHC vtec engine/ 5 speed tranny. my horn won't work and I can't figure out what and I bought a haynes manual and it doesn't really help me out on the relays. any help please with the exact location... Thanks.

Reply to
mitsurugi3644

Try the free online service manual at

In particular, make sure you read
wrote

Reply to
Elle

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1162304760.710012.140690 @f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

It's at the far upper left corner of the under-dash fuse box.

Do your brake lights work? If so, then the fuse is OK (same fuse as for the horns). If the brake lights DON'T work, check the 20A fuse in the box on the right shock tower.

Unplug the relay from its socket. Find the blue/red wire behind the socket and ground that terminal (only for a second or so). Do the horns blow? If the horns DO NOT sound, then the relay is fine and the problem is at the horns themselves. If the horns DO sound, then the problem is either the relay or the cable reel behind the steering wheel.

Has the car ever been in a frontal collision? The horns are behind the bumper and are frequently damaged in collisions.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

no what happened is that I took my steering wheel off and then put it back on and I connected the plugs back together and then all the sudden my cruise control and horn don't work. I'm wondering what the issue is cause I mean I didn't touch any wires or anything. and I plugs the yellow connectors behind the steering wheel together and stuff. any ideas and no my car has never been in a wreck.

Reply to
mitsurugi3644

It's a good bet the problem is in the area where you were working. Maybe there is a ground wire floating around now?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1162337279.757345.250590 @k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Check ALL your fuses. Both boxes of them. If you didn't disconnect the battery's negative terminal prior to messing around, there's a good chance you blew a fuse.

You DID check to see if your brake lights work, didn't you?

Reply to
TeGGeR®