How do I remove front broken wheel lugnut studs?

I have the caliper and rotor off and cant bang the broken stud through because it hits the wheel hub. Do I have to remove the hub. If so is it just the large nut in the middle? Thanks:)

Reply to
:

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (:\) :\)) wrote in news:24273-46C9B949-982@storefull-

3333.bay.webtv.net:

What kinda car? What year?

Reply to
Tegger

Depends entirely on model and year. May help to know if you have ABS also.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Geez...dont know what I was thinking:) It is a 1998 honda civic 2 door. I got as far as taking caliper and rotor off. I then removed the large axle nut but nothing happened. I know somehow I have to remove the hub assembly?(part the holds the lug studs) because I cant bang them through as I have done in the past with other cars. With this car the rear of the studs will not clear the back piece in order to remove them... Thanks!! :)Nate

Reply to
:

Here's a link to a factory service manual for a '98 Civic Aerodeck,

. The front hub assembly may be similar toyour '98 2 door.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Hello Eric, Thanks so much but my dumb webtv could not open the link. I looked at the Haynes manual and it had no mention of it either...wow. Thanks again Eric :)Nate

Reply to
:

The link is to a pdf file. You'll need a pdf reader, e.g., Adobe Acrobat or something else, to view the file so you may need to use a computer to download the file and open it. I really have no idea what you may or may not be able to do with webtv.

Reply to
Eric