i have no idea what im doing...

"clueless_teen via CarKB.com" wrote in news:561710e5260c8@uwe:

Then why didn't you just Google for more? Everything's there, at your fingertips.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"clueless_teen via CarKB.com" wrote in news:56175955e2a4c@uwe:

You're pretty lazy, aren't you?

At the risk of being scolded by Elle, I went to:

and entered these search terms exactly as you see them here: "catalytic converter" honeycomb function

And got this result:

If you wish to know more, you can refine my start by using different terms.

You're welcome.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"Elle" wrote in news:agz5f.3717$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

His butchered pseudo-English is a clue as to why adults have a low opinion of teenagers.

I gave him more fish in another message. but this is the LAST one!

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Weird... When my kids were in grade 10, they knew EVERYTHING. Come to think of it, when I was in grade 10, I knew everything.

Oh, and I did my own homework, too.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Tim & Linda

"TeGGeR®" wrote E

:-)

I did like those keywords for the honeycomb search.

Maybe that's the only way to teach people how to refine net searches: Give them enough examples, and they get an idea of how to separate the "key word wheat" from the "empty word chaff."

Reply to
Elle

You dont know EVERYTHING or you would be on Who wants to be a millionaire, and nither do your kids! i give him credit for asking the question period, You can learn from experience not just TEXT! I havent seen you reply with howe exactly a cat convertor works. HERE since you know EVERYTHING Tell me this! I have a 99 accord coupe manaul, Im lookin at a turbo setup in acouple months. But heres my ? , Im upgrading exhaust to 2.5" piping and basically doing no cat. I was wondering though if i should do the wideband O2 sensor with the air/fuel ratio monitor thing. Since I will be runnin a turbo soon, or Should i just buy the O2 sensor simulator for now? ANSWER THAT SMART ASS!

Reply to
Shawn Taylor

I'm with you... searching for any kind of useful info on car parts on sites like Google is a nightmare with all the farking parts-stores ads that make up 90% of the hits.

I Googled "catalytic converter how it works" and the first hit that came up was

Another useful link that came up:

Matt Ion

hi. im a not so clueless_troll i am innocent stupid teenager and my internet info class is doin a study on naive internet users and how to troll good, my teacher said try passive trolling using the pathetic whatever, teenager approach , im stupid, im dumb, im cluless and be vague and see how many people waste lots of energy really trying to help U

the only real teenie thing about this is trying to get somebody else to do there assignment for them

clues,

  1. **no** teenie refers to self as clueless
  2. teenie venacular is off by 15 years
  3. post is too long (think IM)
  4. i read howitworks.com

if one ***actually reads*** first paragraph and still whines about not knowing what convertor does whine whine and blather on about not saying what it does or being vague and in consistent

deserves a failing grade on the report

spend some time in science / math / physics groups you'll know

Reply to
not_falling_for_it

Exactly! This is an exercise, so when you have to do it "for real" you

*will* know what you are doing.

Mike

"...you should be able to detect when a man is talking rot, and that...is the main, if not the sole, purpose of education." - Harold Macmillan

Reply to
Michael Pardee

hey thanks for sayin that but im a girl lol... and yeah im actually completely clueless when it comes to cars... i just needed a few pointers on where to look for the info and hopefully sum1 who would have enough time on their hands to help me actually comprehend the stuff... but i hate it wen people assume that i know what im doing just cuz im 15... apparently im smart (IQ of 192) but this assignment is totally prooving me wrong...

Reply to
clueless_teen via CarKB.com

ok u know what dont make fun of me because im askin for help... at least i have the guts to ask for help... i grew up knowing EVERYTHING that came my way... there was nothing i didn't know or didn't comprehend in a second... the fact that im finding a challenge in catalytic converters just prooves that no one is perfect! unfortunately even me... so if ur gonna post sumtin up... dont waste my time.... post sumtin usefull... not all this damn tlak about ur kids...

Reply to
clueless_teen via CarKB.com

On 10/20/2005 3:17 PM clueless_teen via CarKB.com spake these words of knowledge:

Oops. I bet you didn't really mean to make a claim like that, now did you? Especially given that you don't spell, punctuate or elucidate above the level of the average 12 year old. 92 is a lot more congruent with what you've exhibited in this thread than 192.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

okay... I'm not 12 years old... I'm 15... I'm just a lazy typer when I don't feel like spending a lot of time on something... I only spell things properly when I'm going to be getting a grade for it at school. so I DO know how to type.... and I DO know how to spell... and I DO have an IQ of 192... you can ask every board official on my city's Board of Education. I've been getting tested for over 5 years to see if I am infact a teen genius. I've comprehended physics and calculus, and since then I've been tutoring many grade 12 students who attend my Highschool in both those subjects... so don't tell me that it was a mistake to make a claim that... because I did!

Reply to
clueless_teen via CarKB.com

Dave Kelsen wrote in news:urV5f.162732$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

Oh, c'mon Dave. On the Internet, we've ALL got IQs of 192. You, me, our semi-literate friend here, everybody. Isn't it cool to be so smart?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"clueless_teen via CarKB.com" wrote in news:562a880986799@uwe:

I'm 14. I just look a lot older than my age. I don't even get carded when buying liquor, which is just sooo cool. I can buy cigarettes for all my friends, too.

So do I! What a coincidence!

We already know I am. Nothing to prove there.

I just made the smae mistake, which proves our similar IQs.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

On 10/21/2005 6:33 AM TeGGeR® spake these words of knowledge:

No. Not me.

19*3*!

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

Come on fellers give the 192 IQ a go. All mechanics have an IQ of er I'd better not say Thats why we hang out here eh? Were all less experienced than we want to be. Whats IQ anyway, its another way of telling someone you can be smart if you want to be .Most of us cant be smart because basicly were lazy. Ive got an IQ of er,, dam Ive fergot Its terrible when Alzheimers sets in...IQ dont mean nuthin den.

A catalytic converter works by getting so hot it burns any pollution left after the combustion process. Its usualy get polluted by using the wrong fuel, eg leaded petrol. This is when it stops working properly. It burns itself out in time, but if treated properly will last longer than most exhaust systems due to pollution standards making the manufacture of these devices very long life unit. If you googled you would have found this

Jacko