Rattle under car

I have a manual '98 chevy S-10 and lately ive been hearing a rattle sound when i rev. Its only when im in nutral and i checked the exhust and theres nothing loose. What else could it be? Mike

Reply to
kubbyk229

possibly a crack developed in the heat shields somewhere...

Reply to
Eightupman

kubbyk229" wrote: "I have a manual '98 chevy S-10 and lately ive been hearing a rattle sound when i rev. Its only when im in nutral and i checked the exhust and theres nothing loose. What else could it be?"

Double check the heat shield on the catalytic converter. My truck did the same thing and that was where it was coming from.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge