I put on a new head and set everything up right but now...

i am not able to start my car we cannot figure out why it turns over and everything it is just not starting i get spark. The only thing that i can think is that the timing is off and we havent figured out exactly what we need to do or anything

Reply to
true_playa

true_playa

Pull a plug and see if it's wet with fuel. It should be with all that cranking. Are you getting fuel? Is your fuel pump running when you first turn the ignition switch to on; you should be able to hear it?

Reply to
duckbill

Not sure if it has anything to do with your situation yet, but be sure never to crank the engine without a load for the coil, like using the starter to rotate the engine with the high voltage leads disconnected. The coil will short and you will get no spark.

This section of TeGGeR's FAQ site should help with your missing spark:

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

----------------------------

Try one shot of starting fluid to see if it's fuel-starved. If that doesn't help, hold the pedal to the floor (per the owner's manual) and see if it's FLOODED.

It's likely one or the other. Do it the other way round if you don't have some starting fluid :-)

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Ok i got it running the timing was off and now my timing belt is loose and i am trying to get it tightened but it is kind of hard i cant find an easy way to tighten the belt if anyone knows will you please let me know

Reply to
true_playa via CarKB.com

like it says in the honda book, [the best tool you'll ever buy btw], you tighten the idler when there's tension on the long run of the belt, the one direct between crank and cam. turn the crank counterclockwise about

3 notches of the belt from tdc, maintain that tension, then tighten the idler. easy! turn the engine through three full rotations to ensure the belt is properly distributed, then retension if necessary.
Reply to
jim beam

Reply to
true_playa via CarKB.com

whoever told you that, don't /ever/ take car advice from them ever again. and don't let your friends listen to them either.

it's more convenient if you don't have air, or move the air compressor out of the way, but there's a little rubber grommet covering the adjuster bolt in the timing belt cover. 14mm socket, long handled 3/8" drive. goes in there no problem if you know where it is.

Reply to
jim beam

Reply to
true_playa via CarKB.com