It Lives!!! 1983 Honda Civic FE...

Finally, yesterday was the day that I drove my "new to me" 1983 Honda Civic FE at highway speeds without incident.

Previously, on my first excursion out of the shop after an engine swap, new gas tank-fuel pump-carb, new brakes etc, the brakes were "sticking" and the car was overheating.

The sticking brake problem was resolved by re-bleeding the wheel cylinders where some air was still present on the driver's side rear.

Regarding the overheating issue, there was definite evidence of bubbles in the radiator but no oil in the water and no water in the oil. I opted to do a block seal treatment using K-W Block Seal by following the instructions in excess. Instead of running the car at idle for a half hour, I managed to run it for a whole hour and after draining the cooling system, I let it air dry for twice as long as in the instructions.

The drive home was about thirty-five miles and though I started off conservatively, I increased speed as no overheating was evident.

Hopefully, this car can serve me well for a few years. I love the way it handles and the ride is comfortable. Hell, the radio even works!!!

JT

(Happy Camper in Austin, Texas)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire