JUST BOUGHT 95 CIVIC DX--WHAT SHOULD I CHECK FOR WITH MAINTENANCE?

engine and manual trans seem to run perfect. Is there anything I should particularly inspect that is known to need replacement over time/miles as I want to preserve the car and keep it running for the next several years.

Thanks again.

Reply to
septicman

Hi, Timing belt. General inspection for safety stuffs like brakes, struts, steering components, etc.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks, Tony !

Is it possible to adequately inspect the timing belt to determine if it needs replacement?

Land O'Lakes Fred

Reply to
septicman

Unless you know that it has been changed within the last 60,000 mi (or whatever the service interval is), you need to change the belt. The only sign you will have that you need a new belt is that the old one is broken and your engine is not running.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Drain-n-fill the tranny fluid with HONDA fluid. Change the oil. Bleed the brake fluid and the clutch hydraulic fluid. Do the footwork to prove whether the TB has been changed. If not, get it changed. Wax the car by hand.

Seller should have provided the proof.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_