What maintenance should I get - 1998 Camry XLE

Hello all,

My 1998 Camry XLE is about to reach 200,000 Km (125,000 Miles). Do you have any recommendations for what maintenance I should have done? I'm not having any specific problems, but feel it's time to get fluids replaced, etc.

I want to avoid the garage pressuring me into things I don't absolutely need.

Thanks,

Grant

Reply to
MGB

Havnt you been following the manual, well do so its all outlined. I would try to help, but fluids should have been replaced long long long ago.

Reply to
ransley

Last year, I purchased a 2000 Camry LE 4-Cyl with about

175,000 kms. I drove the car for about 1000kms then I had all of the belts changed (Timing, Alternator, and power steering), replaced the spark plugs and wires, flushed the radiator, changed the air filter (that was a mess!!!) replaced the transmission fluid, and had a fresh oil change done. I would have replaced the battery but it was still new (There was a date on it). The previous owner said that all of this was done, but had no receipts to prove it. He may have been telling the truth and all had been replaced, but there is no harm in having it done anyways. Besides I'd rather spend about $500.00 bucks doing all of this then shelling out $2000.00 for a new engine. After all the work was done, the car seemed to have new life back in it. It shifted smoother, and the gas mileage increased by about 2-3 mpg. I still drive the car and it now has well over 200,000 kms on it and drives as good as my parents 2006 Camry. That being said, you probably should have had some of this stuff done by now, the belts for sure. Hope this helps!
Reply to
camryguy