Kiss of death for GM and perhaps Ford

Air- You are probably correct. Only time will tell. The smallest cars and hybrids made by all of the car companies will become their best selling cars if the cost of gasoline rises to $4.00 per gallon. I would keep my Accord since I rarely drive it long distances. jason

Reply to
Jason

And don't forget the Turbo Diesels offered by Volkwagen.

50mpg Highway is not bad at all for a diesel VW Jetta or Golf. The new Jeep Liberty Diesel is selling so fast that none of the dealerships can keep one on the show floor.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 5 states that banned the new turbo diesels would lift the emmisions requirments in order to make the diesel alternative available to the public in California, New York, Massachusets, Vermont, and Maine.

The advantage to the diesels is that they get better MPG on the Highway while the gas/electric hybrids get their best MPG in the stop and go. Now market a car that is a diesel/electric hybrid and now your talking! It's been on the drawing boards for years, just never actually done.

Or who knows, like you said only time will tell. I've got a feeling those nuclear batteries are going to save us.

O3-

Reply to
twothousandtwoto2007

I have not read yet read about those nuclear batteries but will do so if an article appears about them in Car and Driver magazine or Popular Mechanics magazine--I subscribe to both of them. I have read a lot about the hydrogen fuel cells and it's obvious that it's a stupid idea. They are not cost effective. It takes huge amounts of energy to produce a fuel cell. I'm sure that someone will disagree with me. Jason

Reply to
Jason

Must have been the speed bumps.

J.

Reply to
JXStern

Jason, For your information the Nuclear Batteries are only a concept that I was introduced by world renouned psychic "Sylvia Brown". She regularly appears on the Montel Williams show.

The Nuclear Batteries are mearly an idea that was brought forth through "Metaphysics". Sylvia believes that at this very moment there are Aliens out there that have been observing us. Since the very begining. At some time in the future they will step in and introduce Nuclear Batteries for our motorized transportation as a replacement for the Internal Combustion engine. Since burning fossil fuels to survive becomes too problematic so much to say the least.

Go check out the "Metaphisics" section at your local Barnes and Nobels or Borders book store. Sylvia Brown has a host of books that she's already sold hundreds of thousands of copies.

Research it and take it for what it's worth. I personaly take most of her preaching as truth/prophecy. It only makes so much sense what she writes about. And deep down inside I know that what she brings forward to the public is the truth.

O3-

Reply to
twothousandtwoto2007

Hello, Thanks for the information. Now I understand why I have not seen any articles about the Nuclear Batteries in "Car and Driver" and "Popular Mechanics". I was shocked that there were no posts indicating that hydrogen fuel cells are the solution to all of the world's problems. Many liberals that hate oil and gas seem to believe that hydrogen fuel cells will take the place of gasoline in the years to come. Those people don't realize that lots of energy (such as from coal fueled power plants) needs to be used to produce hydrogen fuel cells. Jason

Reply to
Jason

Reply to
Paul Elliot

Most liberals I know think conservation is the most effective solution. After that, renewable sources such as solar and wind. They are pretty skeptical about hydrogen - even more so after Bush gave it a big endorsement. I don't think they are going to go for nuclear batteries ;-]

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

I agree. The liberals in both houses of Congress would NEVER allow nuclear batteries to be produced. Perhaps they should use a different name for them such as "green battery" or "Enviromental Battery". That's why they use terms like "No Child Left Behind" on the bills. They knew that no one would vote against a bill entitled, "No Child Left Behind" even if it was a stupid bill. Jason

Reply to
Jason

I assume you mean politicians not liberals use terms like "No Child Left Behind" on the bills. That term is a Bush initiative.

Some other gems from Bush/GOP:

The Clear Skies Initiative allows coal plants to delay installation of emissions control equipment.

The Patriot Act allows government to spy on you.

The Healthy Forest Initiative allows more logging.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

The Republicans and Democrats--liberal or conservative--use that trick.

Reply to
Jason