My CRV and engine sounds

Hello,

I have a 2010 Honda CRV EXL 4WD which was made in Japan (vin number starts with J). I noticed a huge difference in the way it accelerates compared to the ones made in the US which I test drove on the car lot before I bought mine. Is there something to this? The difference is that the one I have is so much more quiet compared to the US ones which are much more loud revving. Any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Jill :)

Reply to
Jill

do NOT drive your car! Something is horribly, HORRIBLY wrong with it. It is dangerous to drive. You MUST take it back to the dealer and demand that they fix it so that it's right.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I'm not sure it's quite that serious. I recall hearing about a technical service bulletin that came out concerning this. As I recall, this has been known to occur when the Japanese assembly plant ran short of timing belts and they used the American OEM belts. The additional torque provided by those belts, coupled with the additional sound deadening properties of the American belts in the Japanese units stresses the transfer case. Any possible damage would be gradual rather than catastrophic but still should be attended to. I would definitely contact the dealership and demand that they make this right. They know about the problem and should have notified Jill!

Reply to
Dddudley

Dddudley wrote in news:4cee8dee$0$32177$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.usenetmonster.com:

Hey,it's not April First.

I'm curious about the "huge difference in the way it accelerates compared to the ones made in the US". Does her car accellerate BETTER or worse than the US model? Perhaps she got a JDM motor and ECU that should not have been in her US- destinied vehicle. (and doesn't meet US emissions specs,not that I care about that.)

Personally,I'd be GLAD I had a quieter,better acccelerating car than US- standard. Perhaps Japanese domestic market(JDM) motors are built to more exacting standards? Maybe they use better bushings and other materials for their market? I dont know. Maybe they use a noisier exhaust system for US markets,since the younger crowd likes that,and that reduces power for her JDM auto. Who knows?

Reply to
Jim Yanik