new 2006 honda civic manual transmission

after suddenly breaking to a stop on a highwayfrom around 50 mph to 0 the transmission was frozen on trying to get back into first gear and driving on. After precariously inching back onto the hardshoulder (a few stalls on the way) in whatever gear in was able to get into (something like 4th) and continuing to inch along on the hard shoulder,

2 minutes later the gearbox slowly loosened up and it was as good as new ?

This has happened twice

Reply to
kevin.doherty

Ivan

In all my years of driving, I have only had to "panic stop" on the highway once and you've done it twice in less than a year. I have to ask: what you are doing?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

--------------------------------

Forgetting his 'driving glasses' at home?

WOW, Dude, where did that gravel truck come from???

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

-------------------------------------

Check the level of the brake fluid in the clutch master cylinder. It's detailed in your owner's manual.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Driving out of the NYC Holland tunnel under the overpass. Lots of bends and traffic. Only takes one instance to get creamed trying to get to a hard shoulder

if there is one even. Just like only one tyre blowout on an Explorer will roll you into the next life.

The dealer could not reproduce the fault. Neither could I when I picked up the vehicle. The mechanic suggested that I "ride the clutch" less so as to "keep the plate from getting hot and sticking".

I'll give that a try. Maybe they adjusted something. If it happens again I'll wait for AAA to corroborate.

tx

Reply to
kevin.doherty