Nissan Altima 2007 vs. Honda Accord 2007

Hi,

I am struggling with a choice of either buying a new Honda Accord EX

2007 or wait 1 month and buy a redesigned Nissan Altima 2007 S that looks awefully cute:

I see, though, the the current Nissan Altima model suffers from significant problem with road noise and in general has lower ratings from Consumer Reports and other publications than Honda Accord. On the other hand, Honda Accord is going to be redesigned in 2008 and I will end up having a car that has outdated style. And I need to buy the car in the next few months - I cannot wait until the next year.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Reply to
success_ny

One thing to think about is that the 2007 Altima is a brand-new model, which means that all of the first-year "kinks" will not have been worked out. It is always less risky to wait until at least the second year of production of anything.

If you absolutely can't wait, go for the Accord - it will be a more reliable choice and you will probably be able to negotiate a good deal given that it is the last year of this model.

Lastly (and I'll shut up!), Accords "age" quite well and of course, retain their value. I am still very satisfied with my 2000 Accord.

Just my $0.02.

success snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Accord DX 2000

Buying the first model year of anything increases your risk of getting a trouble prone car, and with Nissan I think the risk is even higher than with Honda.

The current Accord is pretty well sorted out now and would be my choice.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Altima handles as a P.O.S. And the I-4 motor is a piece of crap. It looks good only on thre spec sheet. Accord is better in every way. Handling is not razor sharp but way better than in Altima. I'm not even bringing the subject of reliability.

Reply to
Body Roll