OEM Tires Rating?

What is the rating of original equipment tires? I have a 2003 CR-V, and only 48,000 kms. Will I be able to go up to 80,000kms on the original factory tires?

Thanks,

Nino NOSpam

Reply to
Nino NoSpam

According to TireRack your OE 205/70SR15 Highway All-Season tires are from Bridgestone, the Dueler H/T D684. They started out with

9/32" (.71 cm?) tread. How much is left now?

Your tires appear to come with no mileage warranty and only a warranty for failure due to "workmanship & materials", with full replacement for such failure in three years and a pro rated refund in the 4th and 5th years.

Your UTQG rating of "180 B B" suggests that the tires perform in the bottom 15 percent in terms of tread wear.

First, some questions.

Will you continue to drive your car in the same way you have so far?

What is your current tread depth now?

You may be able to estimate the kms remaining in the tire by figuring the rate of wear so far. You'll also have to keep in mind that the last half of your tread depth typically wears away more slowly than the first half.

The UTQG rating of 180 indicates

thatthey perform in the bottom 15 percent in terms of tire wear, butthis can vary greatly with driving style and conditions. You will also have to check laws in your country for minimum tread depth. I don't know if there are "wear bars" for these tires, but that also may be a consideration.

Here is a more important question:

When you compare how these tires are doing against the performance characteristics for other tires on your car, would you really want to keep driving your current tires?

Your current tires are ranked 61st out of a possible 64 for tires in the "Highway All-Season" category.

TireRack has added the ability to filter tire reviews by make and model, as well as driving style, driving conditions and miles driven on tires.

Taken as a whole, 135 Honda CRV owners gave this tire an overall ranking across 12 categories of 4.20 on a scale of one to 10.

I'd want to get them off the car as soon as possible!

Reply to
Charles Lasitter

Whatever you do, make sure to rotate them per the schedule, since the CR-V is sensitive to tire size differences. Change the Dual Pump Fluid every 30,000 miles too, contrary to the owner's manual, or the rear diff will squawk when you do left-hand turns at low speed (especially in Canada).

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'