306 1.9TD Starting Problem

Car is making a fast ticking noise when I attempt to start the engine.

Following a problem possibly identified as an air valve blocked into the fuel tank, I have unscrewed the filler cap and left it off while attempting to start.

I did have the fuel filter out to check for dirt etc - following this I pressed the hand pump ( I assume this is for priming the fuel through the system) until I could see no more bubbles travelling down the clear pipe. Do I need to keep squeezing this for any length of time ??

Is the ticking noise due to lack of fuel within a section of the engine, or does it suggest any other problem.

Thanks for any replies etc

Reply to
Mahseve