Re: oil level reading - simple logic

imagine this...

someone raises a hood at a self serve gas station!

Imagine this...'cause nobody does it.

Reply to
ACAR

"nobody does it"??? is that why gas stations sell oil and give you free wipes to do this stuff with?

Reply to
jim beam

From what I have seen, no one raises the hood at a gas station. I do -- but I do out of habit as and old motorcycle/sports cars enthusiast dating back to the 50s. Heck the 64 XKE I had back in the 60s would use around a quart every couple hundred miles or so-- and it held 10 qts as I recall. So, I carried my own oil. And, today everything is hidden under a wad of plastic shielding.

Reply to
tww1491

people still check under the hood at gas stations. they don't do it as often because cars are better and most people are in the habit of checking MUCH less frequently, but it's the place to do it.

Reply to
jim beam

Agree it is the right place.

Reply to
tww1491

Come on, Jim. If they sell oil it's hidden behind the chips, T-shirts and soda. At least half the time those wipe dispensers are empty. Other than guys driving obvious oil-burning beaters, nobody raises a hood at gas stations.

Reply to
ACAR

ok, so you get people who never check their oil... doesn't mean it's not the place to do it though - if someone were to bother.

Reply to
jim beam

Most of which are self-serve, so ...

(I live in NJ, one of the few (only?) states where it's illegal to pump one's own gas)

Reply to
Tony Harding

Are we discussing cars or condoms?

Reply to
Tony Harding

Agreed, but can't say how long it's been since I've seen anyone else raise the hood.

Reply to
Tony Harding