Re: quick poll - american cars

Thus spake Adrian :

Hachiroku ???? gurgled happily, sounding much like they >were saying: > >> You have to do SOME maintenance! Were these the people like the ones >> that came into the service department when I was there, NEVER changed >> their oil (one documented case of 15,000 miles without an oil change!) >> and then wonder why the car blew up? > >Gosh! FIFTEEN THOUSAND miles? > >FFS, that's less than the recommended service interval on most new cars >over here... You 'merkins and your outdated obsession with changing the >oil every ten minutes.

Huh? I just looked at the German BMW manual. Oil change at 15000 km. Now things like "tune up" and "valve adjustment" come at something like 165,000 km.

Of course, the service minder should be your real key for modern cars. Even my Fit has one. I even think the Matrix has one.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron