Re:The Radio Code

I need the code for the radio. Any idea how to get this info. can someone please help me.

Reply to
virtual2real

See "The Unofficial Honda / Acura Usenet FAQ" at

Find Body/Electrical

Elliot Richmond Freelance Science Writer and Editor

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

If you are the original owner, or you know the dealer that sold the car, contact that dealer and ask if they have the radio code on file. You may also find a credit card sized card in your glove box with the radio code on it or perhaps it is written somewhere in your owners manual. If all that fails you will have to remove the radio and copy the serial number on the radio and with that serial number your dealer can get the code from Honda.

Reply to
Howard H

Any dealer should be able to get you the code. I had a battery run down and the radio needed to be reset. It was time for an oil change, so I went to the dealer - he looked up the radio code too. Not the same dealer I bought from. You may need to show a prove of ownership.

-stanjo

Reply to
Stanjo

But the dealer is asking for the 99 dollar for this.

Reply to
virtual2real

do you have a phone? are there other dealers in your state? and how much is a new radio?

Reply to
jim beam

----------------------------------

If you tell us the year, model, and country you're in, maybe we can tell you how to get the serial number for yourself, then you can phone the dealer and they will get it for you for free. The (overpriced) $99 is to remove the radio from the dash, to view the serial number.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

On 30 Jan 2006 20:47:00 -0800, "virtual2real" spewed forth:

If you are the original owner, it should be on file at the dealer you bought it from. I called the dealer for mine, and they gave me the radio and nav code over the phone in about 30 seconds after I gave them my name and some other info to identify myself to them.

Reply to
L Alpert

Jim, my cell ph # is 646-509-5504

Reply to
virtual2real

New or used (or certified used) car, the dealer must give you the Maintenance Folio/Auto owner's, included Quick Start guide, Warranties book, Owner's manual and Honda Service History.

The key code and radio code must be on the 1st page of Honda Service History.

If you don't have this book, you have to contact your dealer, to verify your ownership of your car and give them the information related to your car, then you would get the radio code. It is free.

Oh, by the way, you should ask your dealer to provide you a "vallet key" (gray one). This is your right to get it FREE. if you dont, when your warranty expired, they would charge you about $40.00 for it and dont forget to ask them to give you the key code as well.

Honda dealer where you bought your car, would ask you bring your car back to its service Center to get this key. So when it's time to get oil changed, it's time for you to get the vallet key. It took about 1hr to get this key. Dont forget to double check and make sure that this vallet key works real good on doors and ignition, BUT will not allow to open its trunk and back seats. If this key can open all locks (doors, trunk, back seats) then it becomes the master key, it is not so called "vallet key" anymore. Good luck! :-)

TA

virtual2real wrote:

Reply to
TA

Hi TA Thanks for your reply. I bought this car in auction. So the dealer is saying that he doesnot have these info. I am not sure if calling Honda directly might help me to get the radio code. there are some online sites which charges some dollar(less than 99/-) to provide the radio code details.

Jai

Reply to
virtual2real

If you can remove the radio and get the serial number, and you are nice to your local dealer, he may go ahead and look up the radio code for you at no charge.

Then again, he may not. If he doesn't, try another dealer.

The key is knowing the radio serial number from the sticker on the radio. You must remove the radio to get to that.

If you're asking the dealer to remove the radio for you to get that information, he's going to charge you for the labor.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

If you can retrieve the number off the radio they should do it cheaper than $100. It takes a few seconds on the computer. I bought my Prelude used and I didn't have the code or a spare key. I bought a new $40 key from the dealer and they threw in the code for free. Maybe you just need to spend some bucks at the dealer to become a "customer" then they get more friendly. If you expect them to rip into the trim to get the number expect a mechanic's fee. A extendo-mirror and a flashlight helps a lot. Having a teenaged helper who twists up easily is a REAL help.

Reply to
gfretwell

Jai:

Sometime, this code is stick in your gloves box and no one really know about this code for.

If it is not in there, then just go to Honda dealer, to get a spare key (about $40.00) then make friend with them (just men talk about cars/gadget) then asked them "can you look up real quick on the system what my radio code is?") sure they do and it's free. Dont make this code is the big deal.

If you do, they may think that you really need this code, then they are gladly to charge you for it.

Your social skills would help you a lot >Hi TA

Reply to
TA via CarKB.com

The owner's manual suggests that you put your radio serial number sticker in the glove box, not the radio code itself.

With the serial number, a dealer can get the code. The sticker is for convenience, so you don't have to pull the radio to get the s/n.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty