Removing rear seats in 2005 CRV

I am getting ready to go on a cross-country trip and would like to remove the rear seat on my Honda CRV to set up enough space for comfortable sleeping. I've tried moving the rear seats all the way up and/or laying back the front seats so they're even with the back, but I'm too tall (6'2"). I'd like to set up the whole back area with a foam pad and sleeping bag.

Today I looked at the base of the rear seats and the area where there might be bolts is covered with plastic. Not sure how to pop this plastic off and don't want to damage the plastic, but I'm hoping that there are actually nuts/bolts under there that I can use to remove the seats.

Before I go any further, doesn anyone know if that's a possibility and, if so, if how to do it?

Thank you, Jerry

Reply to
jfasick

-----------------------------------

(they should be paying me a commission) has your diagrams.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Yes, I've done it in my 2005 CR-V.

Remove the headrests. Fold the seat-back forward. Move the seats all the way back. Remove the seat track end covers from the front of both seat tracks. Unlock the rear seat and tip it up, then remove the rear seat track end covers from the back of both seat tracks. Remove the bolts while holding the seat up.

This from the Helms service manual, the pictures make it easier.

The plastic bolt covers popped off easily while prying with a screwdriver.

Bon Voyage

Reply to
kwatq

Curly Sure appreciate your prompt reply. Great diagrams here that will also be helpful for any future parts needs, too. Jerry

Reply to
jfasick

Kwatq Thanks! These detailed instructions worked perfectly. This will result in many a comfortable evening sleeping. Jerry

Reply to
jfasick