Reset oil filter life in Accord 2007

Please tell me how to reset this indicator light back to 100% as i 've just changed the oil and filter a while ago. Thanks

Reply to
T. Nguyen

I'm playing the part of Elmo today... Read the fine manual that came with your car. It has excellent directions that are easy to perform. And the good news is if you can read this response, you can also read your friggin manual...

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

You read the fine owner's manual that came with your shiny new $25,000 toy.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"T. Nguyen" wrote in news:Ggd_h.266999$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe17.phx:

The car was free. You paid $25,000 for the Owner's Manual.

Reply to
Tegger

What's scary is that he changed the oil for the first time *without* consulting any kind of manual whatsoever.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Oil is oil. I prefer Mazola, myself. Torque on the drain plug is 330 ft-lbs, isn't it?

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:Aqydneq6KrGOs6fbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

Who needs a manual? It's easy to wing it. This is what I do, and I'm not exaggerating in the least.

Every time I change the oil, I go out and hunt down a bear. I use a carbine chambered for 7.62x39 Soviet, which has similar ballistics to .30-30 and is easier to find in Darfur, where I live (and as you know, there is lots of war-type stuff happening in Darfur).

I drag the bear home and skin and gut it. Then I boil the carcass down to make the base oil. The kids get the head to use as a soccer ball until the maggots get too bad.

Now, oil needs some additives. It needs zinc, so I plop in a dollop of diaper cream, which contains zinc. It needs detergent, so in goes a squirt of Ivory dishwashing liquid. I've heard it needs some other stuff too, but I'm sure this will be fine.

Using my wife's Kitchenaid mixer, I whiz the stuff up so it's smooth and silky. I then add it to the crankcase until the engine is full to the brim.

Been driving like this for almost one million miles and the car runs like the day it was built.

Reply to
Tegger

Oh now come on, that's blatant BS. Everybody knows that there are no bears in Darfur...

;0)

Woody

Maybe he's out looking for his manual.

Reply to
bearman

"bearman" wrote in news:xoKdnZP3CKdlMqbbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

He should try looking under the sofa cushions. I lose stuff there all the time.

Reply to
Tegger