Safe to drive with a PO420 code

98 Accord V6 with 108,000 miles

Looks like I have to replace the cat. Is the car safe to drive until I get it into the shop?

60 miles daily on highway...

TIA

Pop

Reply to
comcastss news groups

"comcastss news groups" wrote in news:WLydneZbs970o53bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@conversent.net:

No prob. No harm done.

And that code is P-zero, not P-oh. As in P0420.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks, I didnt think so.

Reply to
Steve

I had the same situation. Drove with the Check Engine light on for about 500 miles. Honda dealer said it was OK. Checked the code and needed a cat converter. Was told it would cost $1000. Honda only covers to 80K and I had 108K. I complained and actually got them to pay for

1/2 which saved me $500. Ask them about it.
Reply to
Frank Graves