Squealing Noise Afer I Release Brake Pedal

Hello,

Immediately after I remove my foot from the brake pedal I hear a short squealing noise coming from the rear of the vehicle (2001 Civic Sedan). What could this be?

Thanks,

Reply to
Rocinante

shoes against their backing plate. remove drums & shoes, put a /small/ dab of antisieze on the backing plate where the shoes make contact, reassemble, squeak gone.

Reply to
jim beam