Stinkin frozen door locks...

05 CRV, power locks work fine until it hits -25 C then the front passenger power lock will not operate. The door will unlock manually, but the solenoid and/or linkage is frozen. Once the temperature warms up above -20, the situation corrects itself. I'm thinking either moisture got in, lack of lubrication, or I have a bum solenoid.

I'm thinking I need to lube the linkage, but if I can't figure out a way to do the deed effectively without removing the door panel, I'll have to wait until the thaw in April. I don't have access to a warm garage to do the work.

Any suggestions for lock linkage lubing without panel removal? Or should I just live with it until spring when I can remove the panel without breaking it?

I won't know about the state of the soleniod until I can access it and do some tests. It may just need a little lube as well..

Reply to
Iowna Uass