Re: 95 Bonneville auto door unlock

The door button could be binding in the door panel. Sometimes plastic parts warp from the heat & bind. The back of the button might also have become dislodged from a linkage rod directly behind the door panel.

Might also be linkage inside the door binding, or there are some broken pieces. Door lock solenoid may also be sticking too.

Try some spray lube around the botton and door lock mechanism and see if it helps.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Thanks for all your suggestions! Will try it!

spncity

Reply to
spncity

Thank you for the tip!

spncity

Reply to
spncity

Alan

Please see my new message in another new topic about the radio staying on after exiting and see if you have a TSB for that one...thanks.

spncity

Reply to
spncity

Hey...we figured it out... there is a switch in the door that wasn't working well to shut off the radio. It's an "actuator" that is a combination for the dome light "switch" and door power locks. We got it from the dealer.

spncity

Reply to
spncity