Tires on an 05 Accord

Hello all;

Does someone know the make and model of the tires found on an 05 Accord LX-G? Are they any good?

Thank you

Reply to
skipper

Grahame

Reply to
Kevin M

I have not received it yet, the dealershio needs to find a manual. They did not have one one the lot.

Reply to
skipper

The '04 EX came equipped with Michelins. Not sure of the model.

Reply to
L Alpert

My 04 6MT Accord V6 came with Michelin MXM 17" 215's . I don't really like them. They have a harsher ride than auto Accords standard 16" tires. It does not really handle that much better.

Reply to
MJC

Honda puts what I call "CAFE" tires on most of it's most common cars. They have a very low rolling resistance, and therefore up the fleet Corporate Average Fuel Economy rating, without regard to ride, handling or traction.

Dealers often let some air out of the tires on the test drive vehicles to mask the harsh ride that the factory tires really provide.

Your car is not a US vehicle, but it seems to have many of the same specs of my Honda Accord LX i4 5M, with the same 205/65-H15 load index 92 tires and steel wheels. Chances are excellent that you have the same Michelin MXV4 S8s, or the same tire under a different label.

I yanked the OEM tires off my car first chance I got, and installed the Pirelli 225/55-W16 with a load index of 93. I put the lightest LP Cast alloys on the car that I could get cheaply, and together with the tire I shaved six pounds off the corners. This reduction in unsprung weight has definitely helped the suspension work more efficiently.

-- CL.

+-----------------------------------------+ | Charles Lasitter | Mailing / Shipping | | 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St | | cl+at+ncdm+dot+com | Pawtucket RI 02860 | +-----------------------------------------+
Reply to
Charles Lasitter