Trouble Starting 92 Honda Accord when weather is hot

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on an issue for me. Whenever the weather is hot enough and I'm unable to find a spot parked in the shade I'm unable to start my car if the suns been shining on it all day. I'll turn the key and it'll keep turning and turning but it'll never catch and start (occasionally I'll get lucky and it'll start). Otherwise I'm left to sit and wait until the day cools off. Most times I'll have someone come pick me up and then after the sun sets and things cool off I'll go back to my car and it will start right up. Someone suggested loosening my gas cap incase there was some kind of pressure build up. I've done that and have had no luck. Any ideas of where to go next in tracking this down?

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide!

-Jeff

Reply to
thecricket

Hi Jeff,

I posted a similar problem this morning and Jim Yanik was kind enough to respond. It looks like a main relay problem. Did a goggle search and got this;

returning the favour. Good luck. André

"thecricket" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
André Boisvert

Oh my god....I was just about to post the same problem. Maybe I will too, just because it can't hurt to get as much info as we can.

Kathy

thecricket wrote:

Reply to
kathleen williamson

Main relay. Google the group on it.

Reply to
Steve Bigelow

Thank you so much for all your help. I'll be printing out these messages and the site Andre/Jeff spoke about. Maybe my mechanic will give me a medal and a break on this new bill.

thecricket wrote:

Reply to
kathleen williamson

kathleen williamson wrote in news:0twKe.8640$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

tegger.com and mark19 have excellent sites about reworking the main relay. (Google "mark19" and "main relay",he's got good pictures.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"" wrote: > Hello, > I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on an issue for > me. > Whenever the weather is hot enough and I'm unable to find a > spot parked > in the shade I'm unable to start my car if the suns been > shining on it > all day. I'll turn the key and it'll keep turning and turning > but > it'll never catch and start (occasionally I'll get lucky and > it'll > start). Otherwise I'm left to sit and wait until the day > cools off. > Most times I'll have someone come pick me up and then after > the sun > sets and things cool off I'll go back to my car and it will > start right > up. Someone suggested loosening my gas cap incase there was > some kind > of pressure build up. I've done that and have had no luck. > Any ideas > of where to go next in tracking this down? > > Thank you for any help you might be able to provide! > > -Jeff

my ?89 honda was doing the same thing. it was my fuel pump relay under the dash that was giving me grief. start everytime cold but rarely when hot until multiple atempts or waiting.

Reply to
gearmasher