trouble starting

today i got outta the store after driving around all day and my car wouldnt start, i turn the key and to clicking sound no attempt at the engine turning over, nothing. The battery had life and i could hear the fuel pump humming, so i left it sit for about 15 mins and it fired up no problem, i drove home turned it off and again it wouldnt start. anyone know what the problem could be?

Mike S

1994 Mustang GT AODE
Reply to
mr94stang

Mike S 1994 Mustang GT AODE

Reply to
Jim Chodrick

Try cleaning the battery cables before anything else.... if the battery is over 3 years old, there could be a concern there but dirty terminals can reproduce your symptoms...

Mike S

1994 Mustang GT AODE
Reply to
Jim Warman

I just went through something like this a month ago... I replaced my battery, replaced my starter and then had my car carried 85 miles to the nearest SVT dealership.

Here's something you should have checked. It seems that the PATS system module in the steering column has a sire in it that is too short. In time they wear and break, or cause this type of problem. Ford has a "memo" out on it. What was it he called it? ... anyway it boils down to a service advisory. Not bad enough for a recall, but bad enough to make it something that needs to be replaced.

I would say, have someone check your codes.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

Mike S

1994 Mustang GT AODE
Reply to
SVTKate

Mike S 1994 Mustang GT AODE

Reply to
C. Vaughan

TSB? Technical service bulletin?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Do some searching in the sn95 forums at corral.net . IIRC that sounds pretty common and I think its something in the distributor.

Mike S 1994 Mustang GT AODE

Reply to
MadDAWG

yea yea! That's the one! Oh, and "sire" = wire

"The Queen of Toyps"

he he

Kate

85 | > miles to the nearest SVT dealership. | >

| > Here's something you should have checked. | > It seems that the PATS system module in the steering column has a sire in | it | > that is too short. In time they wear and break, or cause this type of | > problem. | > Ford has a "memo" out on it. What was it he called it? ... anyway it boils | > down to a service advisory. Not bad enough for a recall, but bad enough to | > make it something that needs to be replaced. | >

| > I would say, have someone check your codes. | >

| > Kate | > 98 Cobra Drop Top | >

| > Mike S | > 1994 Mustang GT AODE | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

rofl

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

thanks to everyone for your help, seems like it could be alot of things, ill just see how it goes in the next lil while.

mike

Reply to
mr94stang