Turn Signal Problem

I have a 1994 Honda Passport (V6).

I have a problem with my turn signals.

Initially, when I attempted to use the left turn signal I got a fairly high frequency buzz from the flasher unit and no internal indicator light. Emergency flashers work as advertised.

After a few weeks of ignoring it I finally replaced the flasher. Didn't fix the problem. Now turn signal flasher click at double speed indicating bad bulb.

Replaced all bulbs (despite no seeable filament breakage)and all four lights (L, R, Fwd, Rear) flash when emergency flasher turn on.

Peculiarly, for a brief period all work as advertised turn signals and flasher but no I am back to double speed click on the left side.

Ran some contunuity checks on the combination switch in the steering column and my manual says is no continuity at the different points replace the switch.

It seems that when I check the right side I get less that 2 ohms. When I check the switch in the left position the reading is up around 27-30 ohms. So my question is this:

Is 27-30 ohms a significant enough increase in resistance to account for my problem? I.e., should I replace the switch?

BTW--In that period when I was ignoring the problem the left turn signal would occassionally work correctly but was wildly intermittent at best.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Reply to
The Empowerment Group

"The Empowerment Group" wrote in news:nsX4e.1407$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

A switch contact should not be 27-30 ohms. IMO,the switch is bad.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

The bulb itself has a resistance (while on) of about 7 ohms (front) or 6 ohms (rear) or about 3.3 ohms for the two. 27 - 30 ohms in the switch is a very definite problem, the bulbs would get only about 1/10 of the normal current. If you like to tinker with these things, you could try clean the contacts etc., but I would just spring for a new switch.

Reply to
Randolph