Update with prob on accord

I have a 99 accord ex, manual. I have been having a prob with starting up. Sometimes when i crank over it revs up then starts to knock out then dies. crank it about 5 times then it starts up no prob. I went to link in my last post and they said it could be the ignition coil, spark plug wires, or EFI main relay. I looked at the ignition coil, the tip of it is dark brown, and seems like theres wear on it, is the a good indication of my problem? I had accel wires on my car but replaced them back to oem. Still same prob, if this helps, when I crank over the rpms do not jump after it dies out. Thank yall for your time!

Reply to
Shawn Taylor

Oh yeah, if it is dark brown and looks toasty, then yeah, it needs to be replaced. You can always go to like Advanced Auto Parts, or Autozone and have them come out and look at your car. Normally those guys are people who love working on their own cars, and they can normally help you out. " Not always, but most of the time. "

Reply to
mopa