Ran a diagnostic. Would appreciate an opinion on where to start looking.

I ran the diagnostic test on my '92 and got a "1", which according to Miata.net is the code for "ignition pulse".

Could someone provide me with some insight and where to look for the problem?

Thanks, Marc

I posted this in another thread:

Here are the symptoms:

  1. Turn key, engine starts, rpms rise, then car dies within a couple of seconds.

  1. If I turn the key again, the engine will crank, but not start.

  2. If I turn the key to the off position before I crank it again, the engine will start/die again.

  1. If I turn the key on-off-on-off-on-off-on in rapid succession, I can keep the car running, with rpms constantly going up and down, as would be expected.

Reply to
Marc

Code: 01 Sensor or Subsystem: Ingintion Pulse Diagnosis: No signal. Check Ignition system - ingiter, coils and wiring.

The coils are situated on the back/top of the valve cover and can be removed quite easily. Have a good look at it and you might find something. If you need info from the workshop manual let me know...

Jeroen

-- The 91B Silver Striped Crystal White Miata -

MX-5 Club of the Netherlands Technical and Websitecommission Member - Meguiar's Clinics

"Marc" schreef in bericht news:55653$44c0c405$40108cc1$ snipped-for-privacy@NEWSOUTH.NET... |I ran the diagnostic test on my '92 and got a "1", which according to | Miata.net is the code for "ignition pulse". | | Could someone provide me with some insight and where to look for the | problem? | | Thanks, | Marc | | | I posted this in another thread: | | Here are the symptoms: | | 1. Turn key, engine starts, rpms rise, then car dies within a | couple of seconds. | | 2. If I turn the key again, the engine will crank, but not start. | | 3. If I turn the key to the off position before I crank it again, | the engine will start/die again. | | 4. If I turn the key on-off-on-off-on-off-on in rapid succession, I | can keep the car running, with rpms constantly going up and | down, as would be expected.

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Clean all the connections at the ignitor.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers