Warranty on battery (2003 Accord)

Is there a time length warranty on the battery in a Honda Accord? I have a Honda that is about 2.5 years old but it has 60000 miles on it. I had the car serviced and they said the charge on the battery was quite low and recommended it be replaced. 2.5 years seems a bit low for a battery to last.

Thanks

-------------------------------

The details of your battery's warranty are in the folder in the glove box. Might be different depending on what country you're in.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Batteries go bad from usage as much as time. At 60,000 miles I would replace it. Warranties are prorated on batteries so you probably won't get any more off a retail price than you could find on a sale. As was mentioned check your documentation check prices where your battery is sold.....

Reply to
Woody

I would put a new one in, but no need to buy it at a dealer. I think your vehicle takes a group 35 size battery. If so, the Napa Legend 7535 was the top rated battery in that size in Consumer Reports' recent battery test. It should cost around $60 at your local NAPA store.

John

Reply to
John Horner