Unconfortable seat on new Pilot

I just bought a new 2006 Honda Pilot EX this weekend...It all works fine in it but, I noticed that the bottom cushion on the Driver's seat feel unconfortable on the right side. It feel like a seem is pushing against my leg/bottom right side and it is very annoying.

Of course, I'll take it back to the dealer to correct this. I am just surpriced that such an expensive, new Honda vehicle has a seat that is more unconfortabel than the Accord I just traded in.

Anyone else out there has experience this?

Thanks,

Reply to
Logic Design

Didn't feel it during the test ride before you bought the vehicle?

Everyone's butt is different.

I find the Pilot seats to be quite comfortable. While I haven't driven an '06, I did drive to Florida in an '05 this past January (helping a buddy move) and if one is going to find a seat uncomfortable every, that's the kind of trip it would happen on.

There may not be anything the dealer can do to fix it unless it is a quality problem with the seat in your vehicle. If that's how the seat is designed, but it doesn't fit your butt just right, the dealer will have nothing they can do. You will either have to get used to it, sell the vehicle, or pay a custom shop to re-work the seat to your taste.

Reply to
Seth

Nothing like that in my 2005. If you feel and push around it by hand, do you sense anything there..?

Reply to
Larry J.

"Logic Design" wrote

I had a similar problem with my '04 Accord when I got it. It just took some time to get used to. In my case I discovered the seatback was much more "upright" in its most upright position than in my previous three Hondas. I adjusted the seatback to taste, and all became right with the world.

Reply to
Howard Lester

No, I did not feel the problem when I test drove it...There were too many other things I was paying attention to.

I do feel a hard spot where two seems joint together on that side...In fact, the front passenger seat feels just fine. It's only the driver seat that is like that and the two seats are identical except for that one is power seat and the other is not. I can always show the service advisor the difference and they would have to do something about it. After all, it is a Honda and it doesn't even have 200 miles on it.

Reply to
Logic Design

Too many other things to pay attention to? I am in the seat getting comfortable and situated before I even start the engine.

So, the 2 seats are the same, but different? Have you compared your drivers seat to another Pilot power drivers seat? Comparing it to the different passenger seat proves nothing. If it is the same as another Pilot drivers seat and is to spec, then they would not "have to do something about it" as then there would be nothing to do.

If there is something wrong, they should and probably will take care of it. But so far there is no real evidence that there really is a problem with the vehicle.

Oh, and try responding to the post that you are responding to and not sending your response as a reply to your own original message.

Reply to
Seth