Washer fluid

is there a recipe for washer fluid that can be used instead of paying

2 dollars a gallon for the store stuff. I know some can damage hoses and pumps.
Reply to
bigjcw1023

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:0fc3b734-bbdd-4a42-914d-d0de289d16d9 @m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Just how much of the stuff do you go through in a winter?

None of it damages hoses and pumps.

Reply to
Tegger

If and when the temperature is above 32 deg F, I dilute it with water 1:1 ratio (50% water and 50% washer fluid) to stretch it.

Reply to
Dave C.

Then you know something that no one else knows or is willing to sound foolish saying out loud. {;^)

If you're paying only $2.00 a gallon for the windshield washer fluid, you're not buying a very high quality product.

Reply to
Brian Smith

"Brian Smith" wrote in news:GNfEj.116755 $C61.101759@edtnps89:

It's all the same stuff.

All I've ever done for 25 years has been to buy the cheapest I can find regardless of brand. It goes on sale regularly at numerous places, sometimes for as low as 99¢.

No matter where I buy it, it all works exactly the same. (Provided you're buying the same temperature rating, that is...)

Reply to
Tegger

Hi, Not really. Cheap one will slush when it's very cold.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony Hwang wrote in news:LGjEj.97825$pM4.12091@pd7urf1no:

You're referring to summer "bug wash". Not the same stuff.

Reply to
Tegger

But if your neighbor is using the cool looking orange stuff, you

*have* to use it too. ;)
Reply to
Siskuwihane

Siskuwihane wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

I like the green stuff myself. The blue stuff is boring.

How come nobody color-coordinates washer fluid? Think of the increased sales to women. Pink, anyone?

Reply to
Tegger

Isn't the freezable 'bug wash' pink?

Reply to