06 Sonata Dash Creek Noise..Hyundai Tech...HELP!

cableguy3 and HyundaiTech:

I currently experience the same sorts of noises from my '06 Sonata LX, from the front and rear dash/deck and windows. I may not hear it for a week or so. It's starting to get cooler here in NH, so this will be a test.

My general perception is ambient weather plays a role, because the creaking is not consistant. When I first purchased my car in February it was quite noisy. I can not source the exact cause, however, often times it sounds like it is generating from the frame, or where the windshield and rear window meet the body of the car.

-Matt

Reply to
misterh78

Matt, I did notice that the cooler the weather got, the more I experieced the creeking sound. My Hyundai dealer was able to isolate the noise to the upper dask trim piece that houses both the alarm LED and light sensor for the auto headlights. By putting pressure on the right side, the noise went away.

Instead of allowing the dealer to remove the dash and create additional problems, I fabricated a thin piece of wood wrapped in black electrical tape and installed it between the windshield and the dash. You can't see it at all even if you go looking for it. It has been in for a few days and the problem is completely gone.

I am disapointed that this vehicle appears to be held together by cheap 24 cent plastic clips but, overall, I am very happy now that my annoying noise is gone.

I hope you are able to isolate your creek and fix it as well. I am now enjoying driving again!

Reply to
cableguy3

I've seen a couple cars with noises near the package shelf that were caused by body panels rubbing one another.

Reply to
hyundaitech