2000 automatic elantra wont shift from drive to reverse

just bought a 2000 Haundi elantra drives fine but, won't go into reverse from drive

Reply to
daughter's mom

just bought a 2000 Haundi elantra drives fine but, won't go into reverse from drive

Hope you have a warranty. May be an expensive repair or a new transmission.

Reply to
tww1491

It could be just a linkage adjustment.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire (44=EF=BF=BD 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Reply to
---MIKE---

The whole problem description strikes me as odd. No mention of it not going into park.

What is the issue here? Does the shifter not move? Does the car not back up?

Reply to
hyundaitech

The whole problem description strikes me as odd. No mention of it not going into park.

What is the issue here? Does the shifter not move? Does the car not back up?

Just guesswork -- I am supposing she tested the car before she bought, but that may a bad assumption. Might be a cheap fix, but I am not an optimist on a car that old.

Reply to
tww1491