2003 Elantra - headlight coating coming off

I've been noticing lately that there's a coating on the headlight lens that has begun to come off. Can the coating be renewed or does the lens need to be replaced? Warranty coverage? It's not really a problem yet, but I'm looking down the road.

Reply to
VicTek

I've noticed this on some cars. I see no reason why the headlamp wouldn't be replaceable under the 5/60 warranty.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Should be able to, it might be considered a safety issue if it clouds up as well?

Reply to
Paradox

Thanks.

Reply to
VicTek

VicTek, If it's not covered ( sad if its not ) " Mothers " car waxes and cleaners makes a polish that you use with thier new powerball that will take the lense and polish it just like new, I did it on my brothers 2001 Mustang GT and the lenses look like new. I have no idea WHY they put that coating on the lenses other than for stone chips, but if it dont last, what good is it

Tunez

Reply to
Tunez