Mondeo mk1 headlight

Hi,

Have a Mk1 mondeo (1996) which does *not* have the plastic lenses in the headlight, instead the lens is part of the glass. Still Carello though. Problem is that I need to replace the glass due to a stone chip hole and the local Ford dealer says they only list the "normal" Carello lens, which is clear...

I'm assuming I can't use the "clear" glass, since there won't be anything to create a beam pattern... Is the "lens" style glass still available or do I need to change the whole headlight? If I do need to change the whole unit, would I need to change both so they match?

Lee

Reply to
Lee

The message from Lee contains these words:

Can't you patch it with clear epoxy?

Reply to
Guy King

Hmm...didn't think of that. Does it work ok on headlights?

Lee

Reply to
Lee

I night have a set in the garage somewhere if you need them and are local-ish to west London to come and pick them up a small surcharge would need to be levied for locating said items though :)

Reply to
dojj

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately West London is not that local ;) I know what you mean about finding them though, it's a bit like that here with PC gear... :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

A better but more expensive alternative, would be to use a w/screen chip repair kit. Available in Halfords. Dunno the price. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

The message from Lee contains these words:

Has for me in the past. Doesn't have to be /too/ pretty - though with care you can make it almost invisible.

Reply to
Guy King

Hi Lee

Blimey!, what planet are you on?.

Reply to
Steve Sweet

It's close in terms of mileage, but awkward in terms of access.

Headlight problem sorted now though, the plastic lens does fit with a little persuasion. Strange that the obviously later type glass lenses are not available while the earlier clear ones are though, would have thought that the opposite would be more sensible, so that people could remove the yellowed plastic and fit the later glass lens?

Lee

Reply to
Lee