2003 Hyundai Accent unable to reverse and missing throttle

Hi all,

I am currently looking at purchasing a new car (preferably an accent). I came across one, a 2003 Accent that says it is unable to reverse and has a missing throttle. Would these be easy and cheap fixes?

Reply to
mmcclaf

Yes.

Now really - if you have to ask, it's clearly not going to be cheap. Even if they were simple fixes, you'd have to pay someone to do them, so how do you think it could possibly be cheap?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Not likely. Expect about $2500 for transmission and throttle body.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Mike, I was referring to DIY fixing...

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I was referring to retail pricing. If you're able to replace the trans yourself, divide by about 2.

Reply to
hyundaitech