New Mini Diesel very stiff reverse gear

Hi everyone, I am posting this for a friend who has just picked up a new mini diesel. He has found that getting reverse gear is very very hard
indeed and being an engineer he has measured the force needed to engage reverse at 27 pounds.
The problem is his wife finds it impossible to get the car in reverse.
They are currently talking to the dealer who has not found an answer as yet so I am writing this to see if anyone else has had the same experience?
Any comments would be appreciated
best wishes
Gary

experience?
Hello Gary,
A lot of people find it tough, and it seems the tolerances are quite liberal, one car might be just 'hard' to get in reverse (by design) and some are damned near impossible. They do ease up over time, but I've heard rare cases of it actually being considered a fault, I know it's been discussed on the Diesel (and Cooper S) forums at MINI2. You can search there without signing up if you want to find out more.
Paul www.MINI2.com
Thanks Paul I will look into this.
Gary
Paul - MINI2.com wrote:

Hi, Had a diesel mini for over 3 months now, had no problems in any gear with it. In fact I'm happy all round with it. See your dealer mate and tell them to get it sorted.
T8. Happy mini Diesel owner. London.