2004 elantra automatic transmission problem

Car won't engage in any gear.if in reverse car wants to go forward in drive the engine almost has to be at a hard rev before it will try engaging.just replaced the alternator and had to put a new battery in it. Was shifting fine before this. Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting.

Reply to
rtcwlf69

ve the engine almost has to be at a hard rev before it will try engaging.ju st replaced the alternator and had to put a new battery in it. Was shiftin g fine before this. Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting.

Your transmission fluid is low. It's likely that the torque converter is le aking. Well, that's my guess anyway.

Reply to
dsi1

Agree. I've not seen that happen in years but it was the first sign of low fluid.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski