2004 elantra automatic transmission problem

Car won't engage in any gear.if in reverse car wants to go forward in drive the engine almost has to be at a hard rev before it will try engaging.just
replaced the alternator and had to put a new battery in it. Was shifting fine before this. Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting.
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 12:26:23 PM UTC-10, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

ve the engine almost has to be at a hard rev before it will try engaging.ju st replaced the alternator and had to put a new battery in it. Was shiftin g fine before this. Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting.
Your transmission fluid is low. It's likely that the torque converter is le aking. Well, that's my guess anyway.
On 6/15/2017 11:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:

Agree. I've not seen that happen in years but it was the first sign of low fluid.